BATON ROUGE, LA — The Louisiana Industrial Development Executives Association (LIDEA) has elected its Officers and Board of Directors for 2020. The Board of Directors includes representatives ranging from parish level economic developers, regional economic development organizations, state economic development officials, and industry consultants. In addition to its Board of Directors, LIDEA’s membership has elected its Officers to help guide and prioritize the association’s activities.
LIDEA 2020 Officers
· President: Rocky Rockett, Executive Director, Greater Bossier Economic Development Foundation
· Vice President: Larry Collins, Executive Director, Office of International Commerce, Louisiana Economic Development
· Secretary: Rachel Pierson-Delamain, Director of Business Development, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
· Treasurer: Troy Villa, Partner, Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson
· Past President: Mike Tarantino, President, Iberia Industrial Development Foundation
2020 LIDEA Board of Directors
· Jessie Broderick, Managing Partner, Sumit Credits
· Tony Davis, Executive Director, Natchitoches Community Alliance
· Jamie Hanks, Executive Director, West Baton Rouge Chamber
· Jerry Jones, Executive Director, Baton Rouge North Economic Development District
· Vic Lafont, President / CEO, South Louisiana Economic Council
· Clair Hebert Marceaux, Director, Cameron Parish Port
· Hoyt Strain, Manager of Business Recruitment, Lafayette Economic Development Authority
· Don Pierson Ex-Officio, Secretary, Louisiana Economic Development
“I am very honored to lead LIDEA into the next decade. LIDEA has been an important part of the economic development landscape in our state for decades. This organization continues to be a leader and a voice for issues among practitioners and within the industries we partner with. The diverse professional background and expertise represented among the members of the board and its officers will allow us to explore and leverage multiple avenues in order to grow our state.” stated incoming LIDEA president David “Rocky” Rockett, Jr.
LIDEA will continue to partner with allies throughout the state, including the eight (8) regional economic development organizations, Louisiana Economic Development (LED), The Louisiana Association of Business and Industry (LABI), and the Committee of 100, Council for a Better Louisiana (CABL), and the Public Affairs Research Council (PAR), among others to insure a strong business reputation and workforce that will entice new opportunities and build on the existing investment businesses have already made in Louisiana.
“LIDEA’s collaborative efforts between industry, government, and private enterprise will help to further position our state for the next great series of opportunities within our industrial and agricultural footholds alongside the entertainment and knowledge-based economies that have helped to retain some of the best and brightest talent in state.” shared Rockett.
The Louisiana Industrial Development Executives Association (LIDEA) is a non-profit trade organization whose mission is to increase the effectiveness of individuals involved in the practice of economic development in Louisiana through education, public policy advocacy, and collaboration; LIDEA is the voice of the profession in Louisiana.