ABOUT BOSSIER CITY
- Shreveport-Bossier City designated a Louisiana Certified Retirement Community by the Louisiana Office of Tourism
- Bossier City named No. 7 for “Best Places to Find a New Job” – Money magazine
- Shreveport-Bossier named a “Game Changing Community” because of its economic potential- Southern Business Development
- Shreveport-Bossier ranked among the “Best Opportunity Cities” – Forbes magazine
- Bossier City ranked as one of Louisiana’s top ten most successful cities
- Business Facilities ranked Shreveport-Bossier:
- Shreveport-Bossier MSA ranks No. 2 as an Emerging Cybersecurity Hub
- Shreveport-Bossier MSA ranks No. 4 for Economic Growth Potential (Population Less Than 300K)
- Shreveport-Bossier MSA ranks No. 10 for Lowest Cost of Living
- Also, Shreveport-Bossier and north Louisiana played a key role in the state capturing No. 1 spot for Cyber Security Growth Potential.
BOSSIER CITY POPULATION
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Census 2010 Summary File 1. ESRI forecasts for 2018 and 2023. ESRI converted Census 2000 data into 2010 geography.
Information updated August 2018
EAST BANK DISTRICT –
Bossier City’s East Bank District opened on November 25, 2017. Formed from the Downtown Re-envisioning Project, this effort has seen what was called “Old Bossier” turned into an exciting entertainment hub for the entire community. Visitors to the East Bank District will enjoy the entertainment plaza, bike paths, revamped sidewalks and landscaping, local retailers, and more.
Read the local news coverage on Bossier City’s $15M investment in the downtown area – formerly known as Old Bossier – as it celebrates its new designation as the East Bank District.
WHY RE-ENVISION OPPORTUNITIES:
- Quality Of Life Improvements
- Retain Local Talent
- Continued Growth In City Center
- Agile Workforce (CSC) 800 People
Learn more about Bossier City’s investment in the Downtown Re-Envisioning Project >> View the complete report here.