BUSINESS & INDUSTRY
The GBEDF works to empower and enhance the local business market by working with existing businesses to grow and meet their customer demands throughout Bossier.
We work with entrepreneurs to look for mechanisms that appropriately fit their company’s needs to create new businesses that will enhance the lives of our citizens. Getting the right merchant funding for their businesses is very important for the startup and progression of their business.
The GBEDF does this by:
- Coordinating efforts between government and business
- Providing information on sites, zoning and land use studies
- Advocating business needs in the Legislature and among local Governments
- Providing the step by step process on how to take advantage of state incentives for existing business growth
- Advocating synergies to like industries that benefit one another
- Providing economic indicators that can be used to determine the market that new and existing businesses are trying to reach.
- Providing a forum for ideas in developing new business climate changes
- Encouraging education options for workforce development through direct and indirect contributions.
- Regional inclusion for job growth and market research.
- Regional job market/labor studies