BUSINESS & INDUSTRY
The GBEDF works to empower and enhance the local business market by working with existing businesses to grow and meet their customer demands throughout Bossier.
We work with entrepreneurs to look for mechanisms that appropriately fit their company’s needs to create new businesses that will enhance the lives of our citizens.
The GBEDF does this by:
- Coordinating efforts between government and business
- Providing information on sites, zoning and land use studies
- Advocating business needs in the Legislature and among local Governments
- Providing the step by step process on how to take advantage of state incentives for existing business growth
- Advocating synergies to like industries that benefit one another
- Providing economic indicators that can be used to determine the market that new and existing businesses are trying to reach.
- Providing a forum for ideas in developing new business climate changes
- Encouraging education options for workforce development through direct and indirect contributions.
- Regional inclusion for job growth and market research.
- Regional job market/labor studies
The GBEDF has also played major roles in developing incubators to encourage entrepreneurship among our best and brightest:
Direct Contributions made to:
These incubators are built and directed to impact the creative process and encourage the development of the new idea that leads to great opportunities in our community.